A message from our Head Teacher: COVID-19
Return to school March 2021
School reopens to all children on Monday 8 March.
All staff are thrilled to welcome all children back to school. There are a number of measures in place to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Everyone needs to follow these measures to ensure the safety of the whole school community.
- No child or adult should come to school if they have symptoms of coronavirus; high temperature, new, persistent cough, loss of taste/smell
- Adults must wear a face covering as they come onto the school grounds (unless medically exempt)
- Older children (Y5 and Y6) are encouraged to walk to school by themselves, families are advised to send one adult only to collect children
- There is a one-way system in place through the school grounds with everyone (apart from Reception) arriving through the Allesley Drive gates and leaving through the Barrow Hill path gate
- The school gates will open at 8.45am and children need to arrive at school before 9am when the gates will be locked again.
- Reception children need to be dropped off and picked up via the Nursery steps on Allesley Drive.
- Drop off/collect your Reception children before you drop off/collect your other children
- Nursery parents will use the main school entrance (up the ramp from Allesley Drive) for dropping off and picking up children in the morning and the end of the day. Pick up of morning session and drop off of afternoon session will be via the Nursery steps on Allesley Drive.
- On the main playground children will wait in an assigned area (see below) when they are dropped off. This is also where parents need to wait if they arrive on the playground before the children are brought outside
- Parents are asked to ‘drop and go’ and avoid loitering on the playground or around the gates once they have dropped off/picked up their children
- Parents to maintain social distance and keep apart 2m from anyone not in your household wherever possible on the school grounds
- Please be on time. You have between 8.45 and 9am to arrive at school.
Mrs J Lee
Playground plan for drop off
Revised Risk Assessment March 2021
Remote learning contingency plan