On Wednesday 20th November 2019, Unity celebrated a very special day – the 30th Anniversary of the UN Convention Rights of the child. The children from our Rights Respecting Steering Group and Class Representatives led an assembly to say a huge thank you to the adults at school and home that make their rights possible (our Rights Bearers).
The children wrote thank you letters and they were presented in the assembly to the following:
- Office staff – The right to keep safe in school (Article 19) / The right to keep some things private (Article 16)
- Caretakers and Cleaners –The right to a good standard of living ( Article 27) / The right to go to school and learn (Article 28)
- Kitchen staff – The right to good food and water (Article 24) / The right to be supported to live and grow (Article 6)
- Parents of 100% attenders of the last academic year – Adults must do what’s best for me (Article 3) / The right to be the best you can be (Article 29)
- Mrs Lee – Adults must do what’s best for me (Article 3) / The right to go to school and learn (Article 28) / The right to be the best you can be (Article 29)