Welcome to Daycare!
It has been wonderful to welcome all of our new families to Daycare, the children are all settling in really well. We are very excited about getting to know them even more. We can’t wait to play and learn with your child over the next year. Just like in our Nursery class, we strongly believe in the importance of learning through play and supporting your child to become an independent learner.
All About Me
Our topic for this half term is All About Me. We will be planning lots of fun and exciting activities that we hope your children will get involved in and enjoy. We will be trying to find out as much as we can about our children and their families this half term. We know that families come in all shapes and sizes and we can’t wait to learn all about yours.
This term the children will also be learning about independence and staff will be encouraging them to try and do things for themselves such as pouring their own drinks, putting on their coat and washing their hands. Parents can help us by also encouraging independence at home. Giving your child time to practise getting themselves dressed in the morning and time to practise putting on coats and shoes would be a great help. Sitting your child at a table for meal times and allowing them to practise using a knife, fork and spoon will also be helpful. It is great if children can learn to wash themselves, they are encouraged to wash their hands and face whilst at nursery.
- Please ensure your child has appropriate clothing in Daycare. Please put their name in all items of clothing and footwear. They will need wellies, a warm coat, hat, scarf, gloves and spare clothing. We will be going out and exploring in all weathers!
- Please do not bring in any toys from home and please do not let your child take toys home from Daycare. We need to ensure they are available for the children attending the next session.
- If you have any of the following things that you are not using at home please donate them to Daycare. We can make use of lots of different things such as fabric, old house phones/ old mobile phones, empty food boxes and bottles, old baby clothes, unwanted handbags/scarves, pans and kitchen utensils. If there is anything you think we could make use of please speak with a member of staff.
- Please look out for posters around the building for any workshops we have available to all of our parents.
- In Daycare we always have lots of opportunities for messy play, please consider this when getting your child dressed for nursery.
If you have any questions or if you would like to discuss anything please come in and speak to a member of staff and we will be happy to help you.
Don’t forget to visit and like our Facebook Page; http://www.facebook.com/unitycommunityprimary/
Thank you for your continued support